Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 4,2008

Is there anything cuter than a little boy with his bucket hat and a little red wagon? He just loves to pull this thing around. On this trip he had a stake for the concrete form to bring to daddy.



Nancy and Christopher came down today to help with this task. Christopher has worked with concrete before and showed Charles how to build a form, reinforce it etc. Nancy helped with kp (kid patrol) and tried to tackle the endless supply of sticks and stuff in the yard. Now we have one capped cistern with a pipe for a pump and one filled cistern. We will have to tackle the storm cellars in the next few weeks...

This one was not really a surprise...we didn't think we would be able save the plaster in the front bedroom and after I spent some time scraping the 7 (I think) layers of wallpaper off, I found two big spots where the plaster is just crumbling....so down it comes! This room will be gutted and redone too, but we kind of knew this one was coming. In this picture, you can see some of the water damage. The plaster here was still actually pretty firm, but the wall in back of where I am standing was peeling off with the wallpaper. I will save some of the paper I pulled off. It is realy interesting.

And here we have the properly labeled cap for cistern number 2! We will add the electric pump later....for now, it is not an essential item.


I spent the rest of my day in that barn. I will have to take a few pics next weekend to post. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it...I did get one stall cleaned out. One down...10 to go. Treasures??? 3 church pews, a huge steamer trunk with the hangers and drawers still intact and a small humidor.

No comments: