Monday, September 8, 2008

I Won the Battle Against the Electrical Panel and Wires

During the day when it is just Teddy and myself here, I am trying to find things to do that allow him to stay close. So today, I battled the old electrical service and won!!! Those thick wires are really kind of hard to get through. The entryway corner looks so nice with the panel gone! I like the paint color too as it is almost the same color as we are going to put in the kitchen. We just have a little bit of drwall to patch to cover where the soffet needs to meet the wall and then I will be ready to paint the entryway. The stairs are also in the process of going back to bare wood so I can really make that staircase pop like it deserves to.
In this picture, you can see the old paint color clearly and a little strip of the pinstripe border that a previous homeowner put up. It probably really drew your eye upward and made the height of the entryway stand out. It was obviously put in before the electrical panel was put on the front of the house since it was behind the box built for the old electrical service. It is kind of neat to wonder when I find a little thing like this piece of wallpaper who put it up and when. It is part of what makes these old treasures really neat.

No comments: